Sunday, January 16, 2005
tHe nighTliFe thaT was...and wiLL be...

I'M NOT A VIRGIN ANYMORE!

Yep...that's about nightlife ha...sheesh! You're so green! *You're mind's greener than mine.*

I've had close encounters with nightlife, but last night was totally different. There were no parents hanging around...no sister to bug *except through texting, that is*...no close friends for comfort...but there were my psych groupmates who totally psyched me.

Saya pala noh. *I'm doing realizations here.* I'm beginning to love and hate my pysch 118 class. It has given me this independence and freedom to do things I haven't done before. See...I'm beginning to have a nightlife in Malate. I repeat: Malate. And it's in Manila. Who won't like a research project about Malate? It's work and play combined. Such a great excuse. People just envy our project. *uhmm...* I really don't mind spending a lot every Saturday...unless, it gets to the point when I have to use "my own" money. I hate the technical part of the project. I won't dwell on that na lang. I'd like to see the good side in every story...at least for now. I also hate my busy schedule. Really...don't try taking 20 units again when you're in UP.

After my 5 1/2 hour lecture on Biology yesterday (Saturday), I immediately fled to Manila. I was carrying my overnight haul. We're going to my classmate's place in Villamor to spend the rest of the morning for the data crunching. *I wonder why it has been called that way...* I was alone, commuting to Robinsons Manila in my Malate uniform. Then, I had my "iced tea night".

Shit! I never thought I'm going to drown in iced tea. Is that good or what?! See, I had drunk iced tea for dinner, got a free iced tea from the resto owner we interviewed, and got another one free from Suburbia. Whoa! I don't think I'll be drinking any iced tea soon. Oh, the verdict? I loved the iced tea from Suburbia.

After the wonderful interview from the Rickshaw owner, Steven Go, and his girlfriend (who apparently came from UP also) my group and the ever extraneous variable Danci went to The Library to jumpstart the participant observation activity. We only ate two orders of peanuts...we have to be thrifty eh. It really was fun to be there. The place is not advisable for kids though despite the fact that we saw a kid there. I had my period that time so you can guess what I felt while laughing hard. *Eww!* There were some okray moments but no one can compare to me...I was the okray queen that night...fashion adviser ng grupo eh.

Then, the group had to split up to go to other bars while a pair went streetmapping Adriatico. Krystel and I went to Suburbia where Freeverse and Wiseguys were performing. Entrance was apparently not cheap...good thing they had complimentary drinks. We ate no solid food...just drowned ourselves with iced tea and Cali Ice *for Krystel*. It felt awkward to be there...gosh! First time eh. It was no familiar crowd. The intervals for each band/group was long enough...too much dead air and silent, cold moments accompanied by shivering *blame it on the aircon*. I didn't do much...except observe and text the night away. It felt awkward to be there. The first group we saw was fine...they got the bar people going, hopping, and dancing after 30 minutes...and to think of it, they only played for 45 minutes. I didn't feel like dancing...just can't get over my jitters and shyness. I felt awful for Krystel. She likes to have that good time for dancing but I can't bring myself to it. We can't leave our table pa...lest we lose our things. So there...we danced near our table since the dance floor's far away near the stage. The second band was fine too...more of mellow. There was too much love songs...reminiscing time...except for the time when they asked the audience for someone to go jamming with them on stage. This Salbakuta-looking guy went up and rapped the night away. *I rarely like rap!* People wanted to stop the guy, but he just won't end his song *freestyle daw*. What got him going out Suburbia's doors? His friends deserted him and the band simply ended the song. Haha!

We left at 3am...contented. The entrance fee was totally worth it...for boy watching. The lead singers were really cute. Sayang! We never had the chance to talk to them after their set. We were way off the back to be noticed. Haay...this time, my charm never worked. I kept attracting the wrong people...the barangay chairman's assistant and the guys off the street. Sayang yung Starbucks guy...*sighs dreamily* Lesson: stay up front and learn how to dance! Or...guys in blue shirts are cute *I'm ditching the orange shirt for a while...no prisoners for me*

There...I commuted early the next day at around 7am. I never slept and I felt too perky. Was it the hot choco from Starbucks? I finally got to sleep at around 9am...until 4 pm. Now, I'm perky once again.

SO MUCH FOR MY FIRST TIME. SO WHAT HAPPENS THE MORNING AFTER? --> SLEEP!

(:(:(: Ta-ta! :):):)





1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

nice blog... nice music... baka pwede naman makahingi ng copy. im in another country kasi kaya walang access sa recent pinoy songs, tamad naman magsearch ng free ones. if pwede and my time ka naman between studies and gimmicks (sleep)? pakisend naman sa rey_calimlim@yahoo.com or send me links to get one. thanks in advance...rey

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

cHoX's reaLm



Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger
WWF for the li'l side pictures
Photos taken from various sites - googled and yahooed.
The rest...the works...fabulous and shit...edited by yours truly :)


*HUGS* TOTAL! give nadZ more *HUGS*

geocities hit counter

Locations of visitors to this page

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License
.