Tuesday, January 11, 2005
wAg na wAg moNg saSabiHin!

Kitchie Nadal. One of the top singers this season. I have nothing to hold against her...except for her lousy MTV (Onemig Bondoc?!?!) and her very familiar surname.

Let's just say I haven't had enough of my ÜBER COOL name. How cool is it that the name Christine (as well as its other variations of Kristine, Cristine, or Khristine) is so popular? In almost every class, there's always a Christine around. My bestfriend's name is Kristine. My seatmate in Soc Sci 2 is Christine. To make it worse, my former classmate is named Kristine Dianne (Diane just happens to be my second name). Luckily, friends had found ways to spice up my name. Aside from Christine and Diane, they've started calling me Ate, Tin, Tiniwinie (thanks to Krystel's ingenuity), Nadz (from my surname), and Nadal (pronounced as Neigh-dal...this one's from Ivy). Others call me by my surname...Nadal. I love my various surnames although it can be confusing at times. Oh...that was until Kitchie Nadal came into the picture (not that I don't like her singing, noh).

Suddenly, most of the people I know comes up to me and asks me if I'm a relative of Kitchie Nadal. It's kinda irritating sometimes. They're too redundant. I thought my surname was kinda unique. I barely know people with that surname (although, if I still have my facts straight, I had had a classmate before who is named Kristine Nadal). Most of my relatives from the Nadal side of the family are far far away in the USA. Sometimes, I wanna repeat the long lecture my professor in Psych 118 told us. FYI, Filipino's surnames were given by Spaniards so the ancestral tracing can be quiet misleading.

Anyway, despite all this angst on having a famous surname (thanks to HER!), I find the situation advantageous. I gained quite a few more friends. Imagine, classmates sometimes approach me and ask if I know HER. (Whoah! Do I know you? Ganito na lang...Do we have any similar features? Then?! So what?!) It's the manner in which they ask me that I find irritating sometimes. I'm slowly trying to deal with it...ask me and I'll give you a forced teeny weeny smile. The surname can turn out to be cool and funny sometimes. I have this groupmate named Kitchie. Imagine this...after calling out Kitchie, they'd call me Nadal (the nickname most people use to call me now). Hehe! =P Also, teachers suddenly recognize me easily. Sometimes, this is where the downside is.

For example, after the long Christmas vacation, my professor in Biology suddenly learned about Kitchie Nadal (probably after days of watching Lovers in Paris). During the first day of classes in January, he called me...but this time, he asked me if I'm not Kitchie. Like duh?!?! Does he want an autograph? The class records say clearly that I'm not Kitchie. My professor in Physics likewise asked the same question (luckily not in front of the class) - "Kamag-anak mo ba si Kitchie?!" Argh! If the UNESCO apps ask me that, promise, I won't sign their sigsheets!

I would just like to clarify some points. I'm not against Kitchie Nadal. I kinda like her...she reminds me of my sister (Hehe! Cathe's going to hate me for this). I would just like to make this clear...not everyone with a Nadal surname is my relative. I don't know Kitchie Nadal personally (but I do know of a certain Nadal you could surely ask...she's really Kitchie's cousin). If fate suddenly tells me that I'm a distant relative of Kitchie, you'll certainly be the first one to know. As for now, stop asking me that freakin' question. *Smiles! (tiniwinie)*






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

cHoX's reaLm



Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger
WWF for the li'l side pictures
Photos taken from various sites - googled and yahooed.
The rest...the works...fabulous and shit...edited by yours truly :)


*HUGS* TOTAL! give nadZ more *HUGS*

geocities hit counter

Locations of visitors to this page

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License
.