Monday, July 25, 2005
A Long Post

The past few days have been quite a mix of ups and downs. First of all, my PC gave up on me last Saturday midnight. The motherboard finally needed changing. To think of it, I have tons of work to do for UNESCO pa so I went to Papa's office early last Sunday to retrieve some files from the hard disk. Now, am using one of our old PC. This may be slow but still quite functional…Windows XP naman. But then again, I am experiencing some problems like the RPC problem which I have almost forgotten until now and some restarting problems. This PC just keeps on shutting down and restarting all by itself. Just have to make do with the fact that at least, this still turns on unlike the other PC which just won't turn on whatever I try to do with it.

I've been quite a slacker for this past few days. I've been enjoying lots of free time with a half day class last Thursday due to the UP President's Investiture. Rainier said we should at least attend it coz UP spent hundreds of thousands of pesos for it. Baka galling Vicor pa raw yung dancers. Hehe! Classes were suspended from 10-12 am last Friday for reasons I don't know. But I still didn’t enjoy it as the exam for Env Sci 1 went on as scheduled. And now, Monday, July 25, 2005, I am sitting for half a day in front of my PC because there are no classes…thanks to President GMA’s SONA.

Now let's get to details.

Thursday was quite fine. Spent the afternoon at Cordillera Coffee with Krystel…that was after I watched their practice for their Psych 145 presentation. Bribri and Seth are part of that. Anyaway, got a taste of Oreo cheesecake from Cordillera…my first cheesecake for the week. It wasn't that good though…didn't like the crust. Me and Krystel were surprised that the Café Americano was priced at 20, but we didn’t argue about it na lang. Lucky us.

Then, I joined Krystel, Joyie, and Danci at the youth service. It was my first time to join them. They were inviting me a long time ago pa, but after some time thinking, I finally decided to go. Maraming hesitations…like how was I going to ask permission from my parents. Actually, kay Mama lang ako humingi ng permission. She was quite open about religion. Ok lang naman basta hindi nasasagasaan yung religion din naming. Si Papa kasi maraming sinasabi. Just don't wanna listen. As for me, natatakot lang ako that I might be quite offending. I know that there are lots of singing and some dancing and baka matawa lang ako or something. But you know what, I kinda enjoyed the singing and a bit of the dancing. Not that I was dancing. Pero with the drums, the electric guitar, the organ and the singing, mapapaindak ka talaga. It kinda reminded me of one mass I attended at Cebu. Sana ganon din sa Church namin…great religious songs and all. In a way, alam kong I won’t really be the Christian that Joyie or Krystel is. But one thing I have to thank them is that they've thought me to appreciate my own religion. Mas napalapit ako kay God.

Some lessons I learned from that night: Three Secrets to a Fulfilled Life
1. Participation -> Lagi naman eh…doon ko nalaman that Hitler was voted to the Nazi Party for only one vote. Maraming nababago sa pagpaparticipate. The past would have been different kung nagpaparticipate lahat.
2. Perspective -> Each of us have our own perspectives. I’d like to add na kailangan ding matutunan nating maging open sa iba’t ibang perspective ng mga tao. We have to learn to respect them that way. Nagustuhan ko yung point that night…about dying. The speaker talked about dying…yung process of dying. The speaker talked about dying yung parang kina Elijah (if I'm not mistaken)…yung diretso ka sa heaven without actually experiencing death…and meron ding dying like a martyr. But this child said that he actually wanted to experience death itself. Oo nga naman…we can only experience death once…and this child wanted to actually experience it. Kung ako tatanungin, takot pa rin akong mamatay. I don't even wanna talk about it that much. Kung may ideal partners tayo, may ideal death din…and a painless death is what most of us want.
3. Pass it on -> Enough said. I do hope you get what this means.

Friday was one long day for me. I was garbed in white (shirt and skirt) thinking that I could get home before it rains. The day was sunny by the way. But then again, nahabol din ako ng ulan. I had to carefully watch every step just so the rain couldn't mess my outfit. But I still liked what I wore that day anyway.

I attended all my classes that day…went to the UNESCO tambayan for my break…and took my Env Sci exam. I was the first one to finish it in about less than an hour. Thanks to my friends who gave me tips regarding the type of exam Sir gives. Then, I had lunch with Joyie and Danci…we went to CS Canteen first, but it was a steaming sauna I must say. We decided to eat at NISMED where the canteen's airconditioned at least. Then, I had to make tambay again for quite some time until 2:30. I went to PHAn by then to meet Krystel so that we could score our test from Psych 162. Joyie was there too since they had a cell meeting. CJ came and we had this joyride up to CS where Krystel had return a book to the library. Ate my second cheesecake that week…it was a blueberry cheesecake from CJ. Danci and I had a bet kasi…I don't wanna get into details but it involved CJ and I kinda lost so I had to give Danci a devil's food cake from Chocolate Kiss or a chocolate caramel from Cordillera Coffee. If I won, I could have gotten a blueberry cheesecake. Anyway, CJ gave me one so I guess the bet's fine…although the cake he gave wasn't totally cheesecake at all. Parang chiffon cake with a bit of icing at the side and blueberry topping. Then, at 5:30, I had a UNESCO EXECOM meeting at the AS lobby. Ken lost his phone by the way sometime between the meeting. He left it at the CR and when he came back, it was gone. Sana lang hindi na maihi yung kumuha. I don’t think it could have fallen down into the toilet anyway.

Then, at around 7pm, I found myself at the Film Institute with Cathe, my sis, and some more friends. We’re watching Lasponggols. Last minute decision toh. Thanks again to CJ for giving the money. Sobrang wala na kasi akong money for the movie, but I heard great reviews about it. Cathe also wanted to watch it. Since Krystel was watching it for a class requirement and Joyie and Danci were going too, join na rin ako. CJ wasn’t able to go since he brought his dad's car along and he has to return it early that day.

The movie was great. It was an independent film. I won't go into details with the synopsis but it starred a great cast with Epy Quizon in it. I enjoyed the group I was with – Krystel, Joyie, Danci, Jenny, Cathe, Richel and Aiza (dunno if I got the spelling right). Medyo late na nagstart and ang tagal naming nakapila. We were joking about the people in charge already just to spare us of boredom. But before anything else, we were among the first who took the opportunity to get the director's (Sigfreid Barros-Sanchez) autograph in our tickets. Si Danci ang frontliner. Para kaming fans…nakakahiya pero duh?! Masaya pa rin kami. May digicam din si Cathe na dala so nakipag-picture taking pa yung iba. We were seated 3 rows in front of the VIPs…in front of Epi Quizon, Ricky Lee, Danny (from the APO Hiking Society), the director, and several other casts. Na-starstruck ata kami. Supposedly, before the show, lalapit kami kay Epi…pero after na naming nagawa. Nagpapicture din kami…solo kay Jenny since she took the first pic. Hehe! Galing talagang dumiskarte non. Tapos, nagpaiwan pa sina Danci and Joyie sa loob. Napanood kasi nila yung Pinoy Blonde. They wanna speak a line from the movie in front of Epi ata or something. Danci did it ata…may handshake pa. Haha! I bet we looked hilarious that night. After the show, nakipagkamay pa yung director. "Thanks to your group," he said. Ewan ko lang noh. Kapansin-pansin talaga kami that night. Bahala na. I don't think we'll see more of him naman for quite some time…enough time for him to forget us. But we won’t forget him especially with his weird yet cute shirt. Basta!

Anyway, Krystel spent the night at the house since it was quite late for her and Danci to go back to Parañaque. Helped Papa with some stuff at the PC until it crashed when I was using it.

Ayon…without the PC, I just spent my Saturday sleeping until I got a headache. Sobrang tulog talaga…you can't imagine it. Then I spent Sunday's early morning with tantrums…angry at the PC for not starting. You’d have to drag me to my bed before I finally decided to sleep and finally give up. Sabi nga ni Papa, I can't control everything.

Sunday was spent doing pure UNESCO stuff. And now, Monday, it’s still UNESCO stuff am doing…but less of it…enough time for me to do some blogging and computer updating.

So there…what can you say about the President's SONA? It was quite short no. I guess she was really careful about her speech. It was not boring though…but it created a heavy traffic and classes were suspended…perhaps to honor it noh. =P Bakit kaya hindi pumalakpak si Drilon. Thirty-two pa naman ata yung times na may pumalakpak. Ang media talaga…pati 'yon binibilang.

So there…this post's quite long pala. Ang tagal ko na rin kasing hindi nakakapag-update. I hope the PC is fixed soon. You know what, Papa was gabbing about buying lots of stuff last Sunday…sana matuloy…yung DSL…yung flash disk…and laptop. My…he gets really talkative when there's lots of problems. Just the right timing he needs. I still hope it doesn’t go down the drain this time.

Finally, share ko lang yung jokes ni Papa…luma nga pero sa pagkaluma, nakalimutan ko na yung sagot.

How do you put a giraffe in a refrigerator?

You open the refrigerator, put the giraffe inside, and close the refrigerator.

How do you put an elephant in a refrigerator?

You open the refrigerator, take the giraffe out, put the elephant in, and close the refrigerator.

May meeting daw lahat ng mga hayop…sinong hindi nakapunta?

Eh di yung elephant…nasa refrigerator pa kasi siya…

Eh paano ka makakatawid sa ilog na maraming crocodiles?

Eh di simple..daan ka lang sa kahit anong paraang gusto mo…busy sila…nasa meeting kasi…

Nyark! =P





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

cHoX's reaLm



Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger
WWF for the li'l side pictures
Photos taken from various sites - googled and yahooed.
The rest...the works...fabulous and shit...edited by yours truly :)


*HUGS* TOTAL! give nadZ more *HUGS*

geocities hit counter

Locations of visitors to this page

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License
.