Sunday, January 22, 2006
of depressing concerts and weird convos...

UNESCO UPD Club had its first concert last night at the UP Bahay ng Alumni. Well, the turn-out of people wasn't great. It was in fact depressing to start with. Oh well...this one's a first naman. Seriously, we lacked in marketing and promotions. At around 6pm, there was no one in sight. Therefore, some of us went all around campus just to ask people to come to the concert. We started late because of that. Then, in the middle of the show, the org faced another dilemma. We were low in funds. Because of that, Bes and I went around the place to look for members to ask for donations from them. See?

Our main sponsor, Dickies, paid for the main band daw which was Slapshock. Dickies stuff were distributed to us because we should promote it daw. Kooky, our president, and one of the hosts that evening was garbed in an almost all Dickies apparel before the night was over.

It was supposed to be a cultural concert for us but it turned out to be a rock concert. I honestly am not into rock so I barely listened to and watched the concert. The crowd wasn't too great either. I dunno where we got them but stereotypically, they looked liked the ones who were responsible for horrible mosh pits. Bes and I, stage managers as we were, should be stationed somewhere near the stage, but we just stayed backstage for most part of the show because we were afraid to get stabbed or something. Bes was really scared...after all, the last rock concert she went to (which was at a UP Fair) turned out to be really scary. We were almost running for our lives before the show was over. That was about 2 years ago. Ha!

To amuse ourselves, Bes and I took several pictures of ourselves. It was a laugh. We looked crazy but at least we kept ourselves sane and awake the whole night. Some members even joined us as we clicked our phones the night away.

I'll tell you a funny story. Around 10pm last night, Bes, I, Alain, and Ken were outside near the back door because we needed the fresh air...and well...we wanted to take more photos in the dark. There was this group of guys seated on the bottom stairs but we took no notice of them. *Yeah...snobbish people that we were.* Anyway, when this group of guys went inside, I asked my friends if they knew the faces of the Slapshock people. Well, apparently, we were not into rock music so we don't really know. I rushed inside only to find out that they were indeed the Slapshock people. Nyark! Nakakahiya noh. They were our guests and we didn't even assist them or something. Hehe! I can just count in my fingers people in the org who really knew the Slapshock people.

Anyway, the group was great naman. They got the crowd going. My ears were ringing after from all those high decibel notes. Got scared too because the mob's getting rowdy. The group, unlike us, wasn't exactly snobbish. I told myself I'd take autographs for autograph's sake but then again, I didn't exactly do that. I was the last one in the org who went home and I stayed outside by the back door to wait. The group was still there pa nga eh. Pero syempre, when Rex came to fetch me, I just walked all the way to the van without even saying goodbye and thank you to the group. Fancy me!

***

Mama , Cathe, and I had our usual girl talk after having lunch a while ago. Well...the topic went on like this: Why do good people end up with not-so-good people? Hehe! Mama said it just happens naturally like that. So me, getting the logic said, who then is the not-so-good one between Mama and Papa and Cathe and Mart? Hehe! At least I don't have that not-so-good one yet. ;p

***

Filipinos...mahilig tayo sa kasabihang "if it's meant to be, it's meant to be." As if we depend a lot on fate itself. I found out that PLM extended its deadline to Feb. 3 and Joy said that if does so, then it's meant to be siguro. Therefore, we're probably going to continue our application there. PLM's anniversary, according to what I read, was like July 17 of long ago. Cathe said, it could be that the school’s meant for me (but I still prefer PGH noh).

***

I have a favorite joke pala. Got this from Ken. It just keeps me laughing anytime...never fails. :D

pano mo sasabihin na may muta ang katabi mo?

ung tipong hindi cya maoofend...

ganito "xcuse me, may muta ba ako?"

kung sasabihin nya wala sabihin mo agad sa kanya "buti ka pa meron."

Harhar! :D

***

Another weird conversation yesterday...

Why are "cues" always on sticks...ex: banana-cue, camote-cue, and barbeque...(have to check the spelling pa)

Tapos, while gazing outside the bahay ng alumni, we noticed the red lights on this tower...plus the red lights on top of the iglesia ni cristo building. According to my perception class, greens and blues are more noticeable at night...so why use red lights? Care to shed light on this?

***

Am excited for Psych's events this February. :)

***

few pictures from this year...

Image hosting by Photobucket
new year...fam pose...

Image hosting by Photobucket
ma and i...before putting the christmas decor back in the box...

Image hosting by Photobucket
library people notice the strange door...that's researching by the way...

Image hosting by Photobucket
tneli, cathe, and i at starbucks...1st day of class this year calls for a celebration...right?

Image hosting by Photobucket
tneli's finally on the hav craze...i'm the pink one...as usual!

concert photos:

Image hosting by Photobucket
my role for the evening...

Image hosting by Photobucket
as cam whores naman...

Image hosting by Photobucket
UP Dance Sport Enthusiasts...most of them looked so thin that they got most of the crowd jealous of them...haha! ;)

Image hosting by Photobucket
UP Anino...great show...something new for me. :)

Image hosting by Photobucket
the outside pic i was telling...wherein we didn't recognize slapshock..hehe! :)

Image hosting by Photobucket
so now i know how slapshock peeps look like (i have to know their names still). notice the guy in a violet jersey? he kept on imitating the lead singer the whole night.


more pictures here.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

cHoX's reaLm



Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger
WWF for the li'l side pictures
Photos taken from various sites - googled and yahooed.
The rest...the works...fabulous and shit...edited by yours truly :)


*HUGS* TOTAL! give nadZ more *HUGS*

geocities hit counter

Locations of visitors to this page

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License
.