Friday, January 13, 2006

They say it's good to start a new year right. I've been really busy with my acads (finally) that I can't really tell if this is good or not. I bet this won't be the end of this busy lifestyle.

Thirteen days after the year started and it is only now that I'm posting. Haha! Totally unusual for me.

Let's cram thirteen days of my life in one long post...ready? *memory check*

NEW YEAR'S EVE

New Year was like usual. Media noche on the table. This year, we feasted on lots of seafood...from shrimps, crabs, blue mussels, blue marlin, sinuglaw (sinugba + kinilaw). We also had weird food though...lechon (only the poor piggy's head on the table) and buko pandan minus the buko (hehe! only one out of five coconuts had meat in it). I kinda lost my appetite a week before new year only to discover that it was preparing itself for this feast. Very tempting, I must say.

We greeted new year with a bang. Lots of fireworks watching from afar. Lots of jumping. Lots of noise. Incense burning (we're definitely not Chinese). Lots of grapes and oranges rolling. All those superstition and stuff. I'm not really into firecrackers (blame it on a "roman candle" accident I had as a child) but for the sake of new year, why give a damn? I inhaled real smoke that night. Thus an...

AFTER NEW YEAR SICKNESS

Some schools just have to be spoilsports and that includes UP. I found myself trudging my way to school the following day (Jan. 2) only to spend most of the time inside the library. Haha! This is real life. With only a class for that day, I spent the afternoon at starbucks with krystel. Instinct told us that we need some frap and chat dose. Anyway, I was just waiting for cathe since she was supposed to accompany me to st. luke's to pass my app form but then again, women that we are, we changed plans. Hoppity-hop we went to metroeast as krystel trudged back to UP for a freaking math class (kudos for her dedication ;p).

Now, I dunno why I got somewhat sick (a very bad sore throat actually). It could have been new year's bad air. The change in temperature as I went inside and outside very cold starbucks and warm streets. It could have been the mocha frap. Or maybe, just maybe, I overshopped and got myself tired. Darn! Oh well...the sickness was short-lived though (even if it metamorphosed into a cold). I'm thankful for that.

That night (or morning...er) was my first official cram night. Hmm...the new me:

A CRAMMER...NOT!

I officially am not an absolute crammer. Yeah right. I blame it on joyie...with psych 118 and her great time management, I find myself not used to cramming already. It's been a year already. If I do a paper, I sleep late for it only on weekends. As much as possible, I try not to sleep late doing it. I only sleep late for the fun of it. Hehe! :)

For the past few weeks, I've been doing lots of papers. I dunno if you should call it luck when you're doing papers with a group. Cramming just can't be helped. Haay... With a near "fall-out" issue I had with krystel last sem, I finally resolved that well...you just have to deal with it at times.

FIRST WEEK BLUES

Papa's going berserk with his training work now. He leaves home early to drive us to school and returns home really late or really early at around midnight. As I'm doing this, he is out in cold Tagaytay on a retreat (which is still related to his training work). This gives me free access to the PC. We've been hoarding the PC to ourselves if we can. I'm in dire need of a laptop.

GIFT GIVING

Yeppers! Finally distributed my gifts...the final one being that of cj's which I handed to him last Thursday. It just feels good when they appreciate what you give. Hmm...I got a cellphone accessory from jl and a coin purse from ivy. :)

FIRST TIMES

This week is definitely a time of many firsts. I finally tasted ilocos' empanada that cathe was telling us about. It didn't taste good. Oh well...it may probably not be authentic anyway since we bought it in sta. lucia. Besides, I'm more used to Red Ribbon's empanada. Tsk! I went to st. luke's to pass my app form last Tuesday. First time to commute there. I was lucky to be with ivy as she was passing her application as well. Shux! New environment. The next day, I went to have my first exam for this semester. It was a physics exam. After that, our physics group went to AIT to do our water rocket. First time to enter that outside UP campus building...and first time to cross the footbridge where they say maniacs and robbers galore. Lucky me that nothing happened. After that, I headed straight to UERM to pass yet another med school application. This time, I have to commute alone to some place I've never been to. I followed very crucial directions given to me and ta-ta! I arrived and went back home safe and sound. See?! I'm blogging again.

IN NEED OF SOMETHING NEW

I lead a boring lifestyle...not! I still need a new blog layout. And I have to post some pictures! My inet connection's getting slower each day ha. I'll post everything soon. I need a new jacket as well. It really is cold now isn't it? (...another cause for sickness) cathe got her new jacket already. I'm in search of the elusive choco brown jacket. Or maybe...just maybe...I'd settle for the gold and white one at nike. Gee! Way too expensive for me. Desperate times call for desperate measures anyway. Hehe! ;p Hmm...I need new flops as well...

NOT HAVAIANAS

Cathe and I agreed that Havs are going too mainstream now. Even the fake ones are too mainstream already. We're thinking about Billabong. I haven't seen one though already cathe tells me that it is good. However, I still love Havs. I dunno...they just look so good. But I discovered something last Sunday as I was scrubbing and cleaning my havs. The prints just comes off. I dunno if it was because of the scrubbing or it comes with time. Haay...kinda got disillusioned there somewhere.

Anyway, no offense to krystel who bought her first one last Friday. A birthday gift for herself. Congrats to you! Just don't overdo it ok? New styles just keep coming out...patience. :)

NO WAY! STOCK EXCHANGE.

Know what I'm kinda ranting about lately to my family? I want to invest in stocks. I don't even know how to handle money matters...moreso invest in stocks. Who am I kidding?! Oh well...we survived a year of difficulty when papa left his job before just because he sold his stocks. Yeah...I'm inspired $ka-ching!$. Mama said stocks can be really tricky. Papa also lost a wee amount from meralco (warning!). But don't you just love the challenge? I'm a fool.

BUSY-NES IN THE FUTURE

With February just around the corner, mandala has several activities which I also have to attend to. It's decor and logistics again for me as well as for dean, ivy, and jl (among others). I'm kinda excited with the events lined up. Aside from that, UNESCO has it's events as well.

Before February, there's this cultural concert that we have to prepare for in UNESCO. According to bri, we're going to be stage managers. Er...what was that again bes? Haay...you better teach me what to do coz I haven't attended the meetings and I don't know what I'll do yet. I'm still on acads mode.

FRIDAY THE 13TH

I really don't believe in bad luck during Friday the 13th. It's just how you perceive your day to be. We did have problems getting participants for our experiments today but all's well as we ended early naman. I had trouble hailing a cab to go to far away Physics building. In the end, only 5 minutes late for class, I got a taxi with a pa-cute driver and the meter read only 35 pesos. I bet he failed to push the button for that. Then, we didn't have the chance to launch our water rocket as it rained on our turn. More time to fix the rocket then. It did rain bad after. I was drenched wet when I went to OSA to get some letter only to find out that it's not ready yet. So I walked back to PHAN and attended a spec proj meeting which turned out fun (because we made fun of someone? =p). On the way home, I was lucky enough to find a fx in rob that was bound our subdivision. Then I rode a tricycle in which the driver admitted that he was scared of dead people. Hehe! Funny him. A neighbor died kasi last Tuesday and his wake is a few houses away from us on the same street.

Now, that wasn't a bad way to end my first 13 days of January. :)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

cHoX's reaLm



Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger
WWF for the li'l side pictures
Photos taken from various sites - googled and yahooed.
The rest...the works...fabulous and shit...edited by yours truly :)


*HUGS* TOTAL! give nadZ more *HUGS*

geocities hit counter

Locations of visitors to this page

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License
.