Tuesday, February 07, 2006
on being logical

Whee! :D I'm eligible for an interview in UP College of Medicine (more popularly known, yet somehow incorrect, as UP PGH). *Kainis lang! Interview date's scheduled on a school date and I hate missing class. Heck! Eh future mo nga naman daw toh.*

Now I'm totally happy. :D :D :D

Kaya lang, it doesn't sound too good when you hear other people not making it. Kahit sa isang school man lang. Life's not that fair...yeah...but hey! Let's not rub that in. I had my share of rejections from school before as well. I failed to enter Phil. Science HS on the 2nd exam, but I didn't regret that. In fact, it was a blessing because I can't imagine my life studying in that school. I don't think I'm too optimistic din naman. I definitely didn't succumb to any denial stage either.

Way back in highschool naman, when we were applying for college, it wasn't too difficult dealing with classmates not being accepted in some of the schools they like. I guess it helped that most of my friends passed UP so all's well. Kahit nga waitlisted lang ako non, I still felt at ease with it. Basta I'm happy because I'm surrounded with other people who were happy as well. That helps. Luckily, I was able to enter UP Diliman naman. :)

Now that most of the people I know of are applying for med schools naman, the situation has changed. Mas matindi yung lungkot lalo na if hindi nakapasa yung friend mo sa kahit isang school man lang where he/she applied. I'd like to tell them that it's not really the end for the them, but I don't think I'm convincing enough. I don't really know what I should do for them. Haay... Hindi nga naman madaling magdesisyon mag-aral pa for 4 years or more tapos bigla kang hindi tatanggapin sa gusto mong school. Buti nga hindi kami nag-nursing eh. (Sorry for those offended.) I accompanied a friend to PGH kanina and I felt bad not really seeing her in the list. Then, just before going home, I called a friend to tell her I didn't see her at the list in St. Luke's. I felt really bad. I just don't know how to deal with this stuff.


Kanina nga, nag-iisip ako. I was weighing St. Luke's and UP. UP was best for me because it was one of the best med schools and the tuition's really low. Pero sa St. Luke's, there's this great chance I'd get full scholarship. Mas gusto ko rin yung atmosphere kasi clean. Mas malapit din sa bahay. I really don't want to live in a dormitory or a boarding house. Kung condo siguro eh ok lang. ;p

***

I felt really bad kanina. The 7-minute break from my 3-hour class ended and I was not yet done eating my asparagus pasta. I tried to eat forkfuls of it before throwing it in the trash bin pero hindi ko pa rin naubos. Shucks! I hate wasting food. I should’ve brought it in the room (despite the rule not to) and just stuck it under my chair or eat it during class. After all, I won't be the only one breaking the rules. *Bad logic here. My prof seems to tolerate eating in class kasi. It wasn't allowed since we have classes in the AVR.*

***

I don't like it when people turn on the electric fan on an early morning. I just come to class early. Since no one's usually in yet, I try to take a quick nap before classes start. Then, I just wake up to the sound of the fan whirring and me feeling really cold. I wonder if they jog or run before going to class because I don't really feel hot at all. Or maybe, it was because I was driven to school on Tuesdays and Fridays. Thus, I don't feel tired or hot/warm. Whatev!


***

I watched the news kanina. Nakakainis yung sinabi kanina. Sinisisi yung Wowowee (or ABS-CBN) for that matter kasi they were enticing people to go to the show for a "mere" 20 thousand ata. Basta...parang ganon yung dating nung sinabi nung guy (whoever he is...he's a no one). Sa loob loob ko, hindi mere yung binibigay ng show. Siguro, sa kanila, "mere" lang yon kasi may pera sila pero let's face reality nga. Kahit 1 thou eh mahirap na ngang hagilapin sa ngayon. Eh kung sila nga mamigay ng pera?


Nangyari na ang nangyari. Kung ako ang tatanungin, maraming pwedeng sisihin sa naganap na stampede. Yung guards siguro dahil kulang sa gawa. Yung tao...kulang sa disiplina. Yung sitwasyon...dahil laganap talaga ang kahirapan. Maraming pwedeng sisihin. Let's just help each other out.

Sabi nga sa Psych 180 ko, there is really no regrets because we make our own decisions.

***

Lecheng Joey de Leon...muntikan na naman sa MTRCB. Buti na lang abswelto ka. Otherwise, I'll do more cursing in this blog...all for you.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

cHoX's reaLm



Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger
WWF for the li'l side pictures
Photos taken from various sites - googled and yahooed.
The rest...the works...fabulous and shit...edited by yours truly :)


*HUGS* TOTAL! give nadZ more *HUGS*

geocities hit counter

Locations of visitors to this page

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License
.