Thursday, February 09, 2006
Vday etcetera

I miss seeing my sister around the house. She's off once again to her classmate's house doing a model for their project. Oh well...she's quite crappy whenever she comes home with tons of work to do so it's better if she finishes everything first before going home. I understand her though. I get crappy at times too. However, I'm the bubbliest person around the house lately. My parents find it weird because I'm the moody, irritable person most of the time. I'm just amusing myself.

In my desperate need to go out, I drove around the subdivision awhile ago (with mama) just to buy some bread at the gate. See how desperate I am? Small trips make me happy.

I slept really late yesterday...around 3am already (that makes that today...gets?). That is because we underestimated the time necessary for the My Quickie Valentine preparations. After having my x-ray at St. Luke's yesterday, Ivy and I went to buy stuff for My Quickie Valentine at National Bookstore. Then, we went to school to eat and attended a Psych 180 make-up class. We just watched Das Experiment. That film was really mind boggling. We had to be debriefed after watching it. Then, I, Dean, Casper, Ninx, and Mikael went to Ivy’s house (with Ivy of course) to cook some chocolates for our chocolate sale. It took us around 3 hours to finally melt the chocolate (wasting about a block of chocolate for that). The experience was a first to all of us...funny...but I tell you, I could barely eat chocolate afterwards. It looked sickening already. Papa fetched me at around 11:30 then I spent the rest of the night and early morning packing the chocolates. We sold it today and gathered more than a thousand peso in sales. However, due to the previous mistakes and unforeseen events, the revenue is actually small.

***

I stand corrected. Hindi pala nobody si Corpuz (see previous post on stampede). I still don't like him.

Anyway, I read this blog about the stampede. Good read. Clickie!

***

In a way, I like how Krissy (and some other people) write in their blogs...freely sharing their thoughts and opinions without much problem (like how people will react to it or what). I wish I could do that as well.

***

Since Valentine's Day is peeking 'round that bend *watchacallthatagain?!* and people are wasting energy talking about it (even in my classes) so I thought of putting it as some point of discussion here. I didn't even think I'd be thinking of Valentine's Day plans myself. It's either I go to the UP Fair or watch MYMP's concert *why am I still not giving up on this one?! It's because it's not going to be held in Ultra anymore.*

Righty-o...20 years of my life...and still single. So what?! Who said that Valentine's Day is only for people in love anyway? *I'm not crappy.* Besides, one should spent Valentine's Day everyday naman. It's one branded day for Pete's sake. Loving is inevitably there – anyone in consideration. It's human nature. Partly instinct. So let's talk about some things I look for in a guy naman. *Wow! Shift!* Tinanong na rin naman ito sa Psych 180 class eh (and I was doing this way before pa). I'll just add some things though.


1. He better be passionate for life - be it for music, books, anything. Of course, this holds true as long as he's passionate for the right kind of stuff. Nothing illegal. I don't want some criminal. This condition should be met in the following numbers where it is applicable.
2. He is someone who's game for anything. Adventurous in some kind of way. A great companion for road trips and travel. Someone who can introduce me to rappelling, scuba diving, and sky diving – things I still haven't done but I wanted to do.
3. He has to have humor. Humor has to have substance. With humor, there should be great conversations. I love a good talk. A conversation wherein we both talk. It's a two-way process you know. He better know the right time when to listen and open his mouth. Otherwise, I'd buy my own statue to talk to or I'll staple his mouth shut. *Harsh!*
4. He is flexible and knowledgeable. Never did I specifically say intelligent, but I want a smart guy. He is a jack-of-all-trades. He is not only the perfect (ideally) guy but a great friend as well.
5. He better has some ambition and drive in life which is seen in his actions and not words alone. He knows how to dream and make his dreams real. Dreams need not be material. If he dreams to be rich, to own a fleet of cars, and live in a big mansion, I don't really care. His primary goal is directed to the development of the self. The rest is secondary.
6. He sticks and lives up to his principles. I'll try to respect him for that even if it is contradictory to mine. I love a good argument. Then, let's see if we click after.
7. He is humble in his achievements. He works hard to improve himself in consideration of others. He seeks greatness not in oppression but in being a better person.
8. Fashion-wise, he better look great. He is not necessarily trendy all the time, but never baduy. Krissy and I used to hang along the AS hallway criticizing guys and their jeans (since few knew how to wear their pants right). And oh...for me, he has to be comfortable wearing pink. ;p
9. Physically, he has to have a good-looking body. For me, it is a sign that he is healthy and disciplined. Otherwise, it could be because of genetics...then blessed he! He should be relatively taller than me, great looking teeth, and nice nose.*Physical attributes are secondary. Honestly, I go after personality. Better investment there.*
10. I value time, and so should he. I have low tolerance for tardiness.
11. He better respect anybody's religion, and he better have one himself.
12. He is confident with his own skin. No quirks in anything. Someone who can comfortably laugh at himself.
13. He is thoughtful. I read this novel once in which the guy even takes note when his gf gets her periods (for the PMS issues). Cute lang. I want someone who could even go out of his way just for me. *I'm not entirely possessive ha.*
14. He is a mature and responsible person. He values his family. He is sensitive of other people's feelings. He has to be understanding of my mood swings as well.
15. He has to be "galante" – material and nonmaterial things in consideration. *I'm trying to be honest here.*

But then again, with love, you tend to end up loving the person and accepting him inspite of imperfections. Some of my friends ended up being with people they never really thought of loving in the first place. As long as the guy is true to himself, then I guess all's well.


Courtship? Never mind. I have this weird fantasy of loving someone who started out being my friend. Parang story ng "Close to You". Haha! So now you know why I have some weird like for that movie. I keep referring that as Cathe and Mart's story pero I'm just imagining things siguro.

***

JL and Dean are planning to wear black on Valentine's Day. I refuse to do that. Why be bitter diba? It's just another normal day for me. :)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

cHoX's reaLm



Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger
WWF for the li'l side pictures
Photos taken from various sites - googled and yahooed.
The rest...the works...fabulous and shit...edited by yours truly :)


*HUGS* TOTAL! give nadZ more *HUGS*

geocities hit counter

Locations of visitors to this page

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License
.