Monday, March 06, 2006
dark cloud

I'm very worried about my mom's cousin, Tita Elsa. She has been in the hospital for several days now due to some goiter complications. She and Mama have the same problem. However, Mama had undergone some serious treatments already while Tita Elsa haven't had those pa. Blame it on money problems. Oh well...we had some financial problems too before when Mama was undergoing treatments. Mama underwent radioactive iodine already and it costs somewhat over 10,000 pesos...and according to Mama, it was like some small pill only. If only medical expenses were low, I bet this world's going to be one great place. The government should try to give some free health care as well just like that in UK's.

Anyway, back to Tita Elsa. She became close to me and my sister quite recently when Kuya Archie started living in our home. In some ways, I admire her. She has faced lots of turmoils in her life already...which they seem to blame on her very intelligent yet "walang kwentang" husband. Before she was hospitalized, she was a security guard in UP which made us closer to her. When she needed some things then, she'd approach my mom or us.

It was quite surprising when we found out she was hospitalized. Some heart complication. She could not talk eversince. Ma has visited her twice already. My sis and I haven't been there yet. I didn't want to. I was somewhat scared.

It frustrates me that such things can happen now. If only I was a doctor already. I wanted to specialize in endocrinology because most of my relatives have goiter problems. It also had something to do with my admiration for Mom's endocrinologist. Haay...If only Tita Elsa had waited. I'm thinking of putting up my own hospital na nga eh...a hospital where money doesn't really matter that much. Where my relatives can afford proper treatment. Where ICU doesn't have to cost like 10 thou a night. I'm facing a reality that I never fully grasped until now.

Last Thursday, Tita Elsa had been given the night to live. She fought and survived. And now, as I'm writing this, she's given another few hours or a day to live. She hasn't opened her eyes since last night. I just hope she survives. I certainly hope she does. She deserves to live. I'm praying hard.

Well, I guess God has plans for her. Plans for her family which I think took her for granted at some point. Plans that only God shall know for now.

Telephone calls and the sound of my mom's cellphone are scaring the shit out of me. I hope it isn't bad news.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

cHoX's reaLm



Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger
WWF for the li'l side pictures
Photos taken from various sites - googled and yahooed.
The rest...the works...fabulous and shit...edited by yours truly :)


*HUGS* TOTAL! give nadZ more *HUGS*

geocities hit counter

Locations of visitors to this page

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License
.