Thursday, March 09, 2006
let's talk about...;p

Almost 3 days offline...so not me!

I was REALLY BUSY with our empirical paper experiments that I haven't had time to do leisure stuff. I just go home, eat, watch little TV, and sleep. A pig's life. Imagine this...I have to go to school at around 7am to prepare the experiment stuff and I spend every free time feeding our participants with different stimulus variables, then experiments end at 5pm. You'd think I go home right after? Heck no! I still have to fix some things, relax before going home, and catch my breath. It's really hot nowadays. Nearly summer.

Of course, I have five groupmates with me...all of us, dead tired as well.

I actually feel guilty for not doing so much for Cathe during her birthday. I haven't even attended my bestfriend's thesis defense. So much for bestfriend support. I also didn't attend 2 of my org's last GA (meetings).

Let me update you with a few stuff.

My Tita actually died late last Monday night sometime before or after the priest gave her her last blessings. Her tummy was said to be bloated already. Er...don't want you to imagine stuff.

Anyway, Papa paid for her release from the hospital just last Tuesday night, which was also Cathe's birthday. Sad. Cathe's not totally pleased with her birthday this time. We went to eat dinner at Causeway after. I have this strange craving for hot tea lately...especially jasmine tea. Anyway, the one at Causeway's lemon tea so so much for craving.

Anyway, the next day, I had a really bad stomachache. It was sudden bursts similar to spasms that I just couldn't take solid food for the day. I only drank water. Haha! So much for a diet.

Today...well...things weren't as hectic as the previous days. I even had a free time to rest because there were no participants around. Things were more organized as well.

I had fun with my classes today.

Let's start with Psych 145. There was a point wherein we talked about sex. I wonder why some people just can't talk about sex or even know much about it (even theoretically). Gee! We talk about it at home eversince I was a kid. I think that's even better than talking about it not at all. The more ignorant one is, the more he is prone to mistakes. Sometimes, it is the curiosity that makes the best of it.

Anyway, my prof was telling us that it was late when she found out that women had three "holes". Ivy and I got a laugh. Sheesh! What happened to Bio class? Haay! Our prof was even telling us if we've tried looking at ourselves in the mirror and even asked if anyone in the class has done it. Ha! As if it's okay to be talking about that in a class. I won't be answering that to my blog readers as well.

Some people I know refuse to take Soc Sci 3 because of the sexuality aspect. I don't think anyone should feel totally uncomfortable talking about sex. There's nothing wrong with it. Some said that sex ed was not important and that it was a waste of money. I totally disagree. They just don't totally get it. They should at least try to understand their own bodies. That's a start.

Or maybe I'm just liberal.

My social psych class was fun as well. We had about 3 activities for today. First game was a modified persuasion human bingo. We have to get some classmates to do some stuff and one was to convince our prof to belly dance (she's into that kasi). I didn't win. Lack of motivation or incentive I guess. They handed out whole packs of chocnut to the winners afterwards but that was it.

The second game was quite frustrating. I was really frustrated playing it. I even got to hate a team. Shux! It was a game that were supposed to be using for our facilitation activity but someone else did it so we had to revise ours na. The games hard to describe eh. Basta you have to choose an X or a Y. You get corresponding points depending on how many teams answered X's or Y's.

The third game was sort of a dare game. The class was divided into two and we had a goal to move about 3 steps to get to a bowl of doughnuts. In order to move a step forward, we have to do a dare from the other team or to make a dare that the other team won't do. The dares were really daring...like removing our bra, asking men to remove their pants...those sort of stuff. We did one which was to throw a piece of our footwear downstairs to the lobby. That was a laugh. Curious people downstairs wondering why it had suddenly rained shoes and flipflops. Of course, we dared the other team to get our footwear back upstairs and remove theirs (the pair na) and leave it at the lobby. Haha! :)

Everyone got tricky after. The dare was like giving the other team the doughnuts (which makes them winners or something) pero technically, we win because we agreed to give them the doughnuts (2nd step) and they didn't agree when we asked them to give our doughnuts back (3rd step).

Haay...the facilitators and even our prof got totally surprised that we did the dares that they agreed to do some dares next time. Hope our prof really does the belly dance...in complete belly dancer outfit.

I'll update you about it. :)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

cHoX's reaLm



Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger
WWF for the li'l side pictures
Photos taken from various sites - googled and yahooed.
The rest...the works...fabulous and shit...edited by yours truly :)


*HUGS* TOTAL! give nadZ more *HUGS*

geocities hit counter

Locations of visitors to this page

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License
.