Monday, April 03, 2006
bonding and stereotypes

One thing that Mama's trip did good was that we had more bonding time with Papa...although we still call Mama everyday for hour long calls.

We went shopping yesterday (Sunday). Actually, we did more than the usual shopping. We first had lunch at Chowking and bought desserts at Goldilocks. We went to Taytay to check shirts for our reunion, bought DVDs (even in it's pirated glory), and went to buy one of the tastiest rice we ever tasted.

Then, we went to Megamall to do more shopping. Unfortunately, after several hours of walking (with Papa in tow and not complaining), we barely bought anything. We didn't find what we were looking for...although I did buy a new pearl bracelet and a pair of earrings...but that was it. Well, we just ate dinner and left after.

With Mama in Cebu (and currently on a trip back to Iloilo), we barely eat home cooked food. We either eat out or eat take out food.

I got to watch Brokeback Mountain last night. Shux! Napaiyak ako. Hehe! :D It was good. Honestly, it got me thinking on lots of things. Discrimination for one thing. Love for another. But it got me thinking as well about my future. I don't want to be like Alma. Knowing your husband has a mistress is one thing. It's worst knowing if the one your husband really loves is a man/gay. Ouch! I'd really hate that.

Awhile ago, Cathe and I did more shopping after we got our ATM cards (at long last). Uhm...we didn't really use the card. Musta naman ang 100 pesos deposit diba? I have yet to fill that one up. Anyway, I have new stuff. I'd rather not tell what I bought. Hehe! :)

We are spoiled when Mama's not around. I miss having her around though. I miss the noise. I miss joking around. ;p

I heard some news from Cathe awhile ago. Apparently, my grandma (who's in Bayawan now) is being suspected of being an aswang. Haha! Natawa ako. I know we're from Siquijor but not everyone that comes there are aswangs. I don't even know one. I know Lola's strange, but never that strange. Cathe said it probably was because of her weirdly fixed hair...as if we can do anything about that. Pero sabi nga ni Papa, it isn't a good joke. Paninira raw...especially since my aunt's fam in Bayawan is quite respected. Even my cousin's cousin doesn't even want to go to the farm to sleep (my lola sleeps in the house in the farm). Grabe! We'll be having our reunion there this May. Watch out for more aswangs then? =p I can just imagine everyone's faces. Let's clear this out. I haven't eaten any human being. The only blood I ever sipped was my own blood (wounds and all) and that of dinuguan, medium-rare steaks, and badly cooked chicken drumsticks. Inner organs? Purely edible commonly eaten stuff. I'm a frustrated vegetarian. Promise...I'll inform you when some vampire bit me and if I turn into some aswang. Sheesh! Weird how crude some people think.

***

This is one of the closest thing we can get to strange. Presenting Ms. Kutkot Buhok and Ms. Bunot Balahibo.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Really...we don't grow fangs and turn into some strange monster, beast, or aswang.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

cHoX's reaLm



Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger
WWF for the li'l side pictures
Photos taken from various sites - googled and yahooed.
The rest...the works...fabulous and shit...edited by yours truly :)


*HUGS* TOTAL! give nadZ more *HUGS*

geocities hit counter

Locations of visitors to this page

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License
.