Wednesday, May 31, 2006
on scrapping black chicken

It has been a long time already since I started trying to scrap beef out of my diet and I'm thinking of adding endangered species and exotic animals to the list. That means not being able to taste turtle meat again. Yes...I tasted turtle meat already, but I was one innocent kid then so don't blame me. I can't even remember what it exactly tastes like...but I do remember liking it. Forget about that.

Just like most urban people during payday (as my father said...but in my case, getting some money from some funding for being some cum laude grad), we ate out yesterday. After scouring areas like Katips, Libis and Metrowalk, we finally settled for this Chinese resto (yes, again) somewhere near Metrowalk. It's called Wan Chai (if my memory serves me right). We learned that the chef was Chinese so the food's really authentic. That means the prices are quite steep (really!). The bird's nest soup I tasted even had some remnants of tell-tale nest. Hehe! =P I finally got to taste the real "black chicken soup". My parents told me about it when they went to Isabela one time and my dad tried to imitate it using "sibot" when we were in Cebu before (this time, using the common chicken). Oh well...my dad's recipe was tastes like the real thing, but the whole time I was eating, I was telling everyone how I pity the chicken. My parents told me they probably used "bantam" chicken. Have you seen those ba? They're really cute looking and well...black. Still, I pity those little animals. Therefore, the point of the whole story? We like soup. Joke! :D Well, I'm scrapping black chicken on my diet. Once was enough. We actually have newly bought "sibot" here at home, but I'm doubting if Papa's going to use black chicken. You never buy those at the common market eh.

Another addiction of mine for the past couple of days are nougat candies. In two days, I've almost finished a pack of 40 pieces. Hehe! :D Actually, my tongue's kinda sore already. =P

I'm finally going to UERM tomorrow to have my uniform made. I'm still trying to get used to the fact that it's going to be my school now. I'm quite anxious on the adjustment. I kinda love UP. There's something about that school. Oh well...have to face the fact that school starts next Wednesday. Argh!

I told my dad that part of me want to work already and he said that I have to look at the future. So, that means getting a job now (for me) will be like a short-term commitment or something. Go figure! 0_o





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

cHoX's reaLm



Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger
WWF for the li'l side pictures
Photos taken from various sites - googled and yahooed.
The rest...the works...fabulous and shit...edited by yours truly :)


*HUGS* TOTAL! give nadZ more *HUGS*

geocities hit counter

Locations of visitors to this page

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License
.