Tuesday, May 09, 2006
travel guide is back! :D

RoRo trips are fun yet too tiring (especially for the driver, Papa).

Just got home today. We arrived in Manila at around noon today but we left Bayawan (Negros Or.) at around 2:30 in the morning yesterday. We missed the 5pm trip at Caticlan so we had to wait until 1am today for the next fastest trip. Boracay was so near...beckoning for us...even an overnight will do. Unfortunately, Cathe has to report for school today so we had to leave. Tsk!

Oh well...Cathe had a grand time this time...coz she got to see Mart (her bf) twice. :D

We left, as I can remember, last May 2 (Tuesday), around eight in the evening. It's all about missing boats...because we missed one in Roxas so we arrived late, 5pm (May 3) at Iloilo. Actually, it wasn't even in Iloilo City. We stopped over at New Lucena since Mart's lolo died. We left Iloilo last May 4 at around 6am. Finally arrived at Bayawan at around 3pm of the same day.

The reunion was great, number-wise. Almost everyone was present. We almost reached a hundred. Three BIG vans from Davao arrived carrying almost half of our clan. They traveled via RoRo also. Nakakalulang tingnan. Pictures will be posted soon at Multiply again...just so you get a glimpse of how big our clan is.

I must say that this one has to be the most controversial reunion we had. Lots of problems encountered. I'd rather not divulge them as they are quite personal. All I can say is that our family needs to fix some internal problems. Several people left the reunion with heavy hearts, I should say.

I'm hoping the next and 5th reunion at Davao's going to be better. I'm still not over the reunion hype so I'm totally excited about it. I'm hoping that we'll get to host one reunion at Manila someday but we have to deal with financial stuff first. It's not easy hosting a reunion...especially if we can't fit all the people in our home.

Anyway, I'd rather not go into details. I'm glad I'm back home. I'm missing the aircon...and some real bed. I missed going to Siquijor this time...with Mama being the only one to visit the province.

As for Mart and Cathe's second time to see each other...uhm...that was when we had lunch at Dumangas yesterday. Great food. Similar to the Sutukil in Cebu...this time, it's much cheaper. It's this resto (Piad's talabahan) wherein we get to choose fresh seafood and have the people in the resto cook them. We spent a little over 500 pesos. Lots of leftovers pa. I'm going to crave for more of that food, I'm sure. Just no talaba...I don't eat them (unless properly baked).

And oh...being some sort of a travel guide, I suggest travellers to take the Matilde boat of Montenegro shipping (Roxas-Caticlan trip) instead of Grandstar RoRo as it is much faster. Best CR at SLEX will have to be at the Shell Station...somewhere between Sto. Tomas and Manila. Dumangas-Bacolod trips are cheaper than Iloilo-Bacolod ones.

Sheesh! Just ask me if you have inquiries. I love sharing info about traveling.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

cHoX's reaLm



Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger
WWF for the li'l side pictures
Photos taken from various sites - googled and yahooed.
The rest...the works...fabulous and shit...edited by yours truly :)


*HUGS* TOTAL! give nadZ more *HUGS*

geocities hit counter

Locations of visitors to this page

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License
.