Wednesday, June 07, 2006
changes

First day.

Med school.

I felt weirded out. It actually feels like I'm back in high school. First event for the day was held at a gym...not a theater, auditorium, nor AVR. Something I'm used to in UP. I heard the word "love letter" again...the last of which I had heard way back in high school when teachers would tell parents about their children's grade. They have masses as well. Well, the difference is that the schedule will be more flexible this time. However, the 8-5 classes remain...unless we have independent study periods.
We had a tour around campus for the rest of the morning. I haven't even joined the tour in UP before. Comparing UP Diliman to UERM...well, they're totally different. I don't have phobias of any kind as to enclosed spaces or congested areas but with UE, that felt like a different matter. UE is basically smaller in area. Buildings reach up to the 6th floor even. Unlike in UPCM, I have to go to different buildings for my classes...something I haven't done often lately in UPD. It felt more warm and humid in UE. Ventilation wasn't that good...and I really hate the idea of me sweating. It makes me scared to even think about earthquakes and fires...I dunno where I'd run for a quick and safe exit there. There aren't even good cafeterias around. I always find myself eating out near SM Centerpoint whenever I drop by in UE. I have to do more searching for that.

As for the rest of the day...I had to hear a nearly 5 hour orientation talk. Well, I had a little participation when the Dean called me as to why I didn't go up to receive the merit award for my scholarship earlier. I was simply outside, avoiding the jam packed gym. We were only 153 freshies (I cringe hearing that being referred to me again) and I'm one of the three partial scholars. Ang onti lang talaga namin.


I bet Danci's ears have turned red hearing me all day about my yakking about St. Luke's and UERM. I keep on seeing negative things about my current school. Well, I'm trying to avoid that now. As a speaker said awhile ago, I have to be optimistic. There were some points raised about why we were a privileged batch...but one thing stuck to my mind and those are clerkships for 4th year if I'm not mistaken. Sa Antipolo lang kasi yung community med...quite close to home. Also, we'll be having clerkships at the PNP crime lab...something I haven't expected. There were other things discussed as well like us being golden babies (it's UERM's 50th year kasi) and us having a new curriculum (which should be better daw). As if I'm not having adjustment problems. Oh well...I'll try to forget about that for the meantime.

Pero sana mas maraming days for sembreaks and Christmas breaks. Musta naman ang travels ko? Gah! The privileges of UP...having most Wednesdays off and more days for sembreaks. Treats for excellent students daw. I don't think these days off have been of hindrance to us anyway. I am no lazy student...on most days.


Darn! I just miss UP Diliman. I miss my friends and batchmates. We were one happy bunch. I miss the laughter. All this babbling about apprehensions and doubts about choosing UERM may just be because I'm missing the usual stuff...stuff (including people) I've grown to love or appreciate in my 4 years of existence in UP.

My, my! The changes...

I mean no offense.

***

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BES AND KRISSY! :D All these post-graduate stuff can just be so scary at times...hope you're both dealing with the changes (work-related) better than me. :)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

cHoX's reaLm



Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger
WWF for the li'l side pictures
Photos taken from various sites - googled and yahooed.
The rest...the works...fabulous and shit...edited by yours truly :)


*HUGS* TOTAL! give nadZ more *HUGS*

geocities hit counter

Locations of visitors to this page

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License
.