Friday, June 30, 2006
a week or so

Yikes! Med student me was busy for the past week so blogging went to a halt for a while...but I'm back! :)

Let's do some chop-chop.

The Life of Med Student Commuter

It's funny how I tend to deal with commuting problems now more than before.

Problem 1: Getting a Stored Value LRT Ticket

They come rare, mind you. I bet they sell out faster than the tickets in Pacquiao's upcoming boxing match. Danci, Roselle, and I would usually talk about LRT tickets and informing each other of their availability on certain train stations. I was lucky this week. I have three tickets in my wallet now just so I have extras (and probably more if I had enough money) because the last thing I want to worry about is having to fall in line early in the morning especially in crowded Santolan station. (Well, not today. I was beginning to think that today was probably a holiday and I just forgot it. Wishful thinking. =P) I usually get the yellow faded ones. I wonder when I'll be getting a different style.

Usual post in an LRT window: Stored value tickets temporarily NOT available.

Cooler post I've seen this week: Stored value tickets temporarily available.

Hay naku!

Problem 2: Commuting while carrying heavy med books

Enough said.

Problem 3: Singing co-passengers

To my irritation. Some sing discretely...as if I don't hear them. Hello?! It's in a really silent FX and you expect me not to hear you. If people sing in a discrete manner, they don't really sing well...so you get the picture.

The other day, I was in this FX with some guy who, I believe, thinks highly of himself. Earphones in his ear, cellphone at hand, big space occupied in the middle of the FX (and I'm cramped), he suddenly blurts out this song which I don't think was rap. But then again, it sounded like rap...and I hate his voice. Aside from that, there's music coming out from the FX's stereo and I bet that the people with me in the FX thought that he sounded stupid singing some song that was different than the one playing. I was staring irately at him and based on what Danci told me about how I "look" at people, I'm sure my eyes revealed much more of surmounting anger and me wanting to do this crazy silly sign 'round that guy's ear. He was crazy.

I know Filipinos are music loving people.

Fine. I must just be probably too tired from school to be even making a big deal out of this.

Problem 4: Crowded trains and people who just position themselves near the door

Why don't they just go in to the middle part of the train rather than be a nuisance near the door? And some just lean their backs on the rails...now where should I hold on then?

Oh well...I've already mastered the art of standing in a moving train without the aid of a handrail.

Think positive.

The Realities of Med Life

I'm going to start wearing a uniform this Monday. And I don't even like the way my uniform's made. Really.

Waah!

I pity one male classmate...yung mala-Afro ang hair. I think he has to fix it already...crop and forget about his colorful headband. Ang cool naman eh. I think a headband-wearing doctor won't really matter at all. Why do traditions always come in? Why should we wear white and not some other color?

I already got my sched for the second module. It looked great with lots of ISP's/half day classes. Unfortunately, there'll be more reports and exams for July. So much for my birth month. Hmph!

A prof told us awhile ago that in med school, you get more than what you expect. So there...I got more than what I expected when it came to schoolwork and teachers' expectations of us. It's beginning to look scary.

I already had my first ever exam last Wednesday...and got really sick prior to that. Buti na lang I had to study only 4 pages. I was totally sick...until now. My throat's not functioning properly. I'm beginning to think of having this checked.

I'm beginning to get to know my classmates. Mind you...we're around 70 so that ain't easy. I'm beginning to enjoy the "social" aspect.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
the GOLD group discussing (pic c/o ygroups =P)

Danci made a legend today:

Dr. R: What's a good source of folic acid and Vit. *?
*a few murmurs and moments later, Dr. R called Danci who was directly in front of her*
Danci: Centrum *at confident pa siya nito*

I just laughed so hard. Pa-witty. =P Iba na talaga pag GREEN. GOLD lang ako eh. Wanna know your true colors?

Another Dr. B struck again with regards to ripping her med books before to easily read them. Then came the quote: better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

So much for relating such a quote to books.

UERM lacks a nearby coffee place. Hmm...good business opportunity! *me scratches chin*

My Parents' Anniversary

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This was taken last Friday, June 23, at Superbowl of China where we had dinner. I don't like Superbowl that much because I find their food greasy...but then again, first impressions don't necessarily have to last.

I found out that they have those real Peking duck stuff that I'm craving. Better return there to grab a bite. Have to save a thousand first. ;)

On Homosexual Relationships

Sometimes, I just can't help but wonder how homosexual relationships survive while heterosexual couples lose money over divorce and annullment.

I watched Sharon's show last Sunday and saw Boy Abunda and Bong Quintana. I first heard about Bong when I went to Bayawan last summer and saw this mag with him and Boy on some page. Vanessa (Aunty Edna's hairstylist) told me about their longtime relationship and the lack of more info about it just made me more curious. They just fascinate me.

Extra

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
See that silver car? Oh so cute...
*went to Shangri-la, checked on a car show, and saw this one at the parking lot*
I still prefer black cars.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cool noh? Those are UPCLAS execom members.
I love the way they look...as if they're really flying.
My sis the one's in pink. Pahiram muna ng pic. ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
They really know how to pose.
I didn't know this site at Quezon Hall looks great pala.

I'm going to stop here for now...my stiff neck's coming back again. It got worse awhile ago when I was finishing a biochem paper at around 3am.

Cla's leaving for the US. Haay! Wala nang maingay na dadalaw sa bahay. :( Cathe's at the airport right now.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

cHoX's reaLm



Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger
WWF for the li'l side pictures
Photos taken from various sites - googled and yahooed.
The rest...the works...fabulous and shit...edited by yours truly :)


*HUGS* TOTAL! give nadZ more *HUGS*

geocities hit counter

Locations of visitors to this page

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License
.