Saturday, September 30, 2006
I survived...and back to blogging.

My family (pets included) survived the storm. This has got to be one of the worst ever.

I believe most people underestimated the typhoon this time. Who would've thought it could be this worse. We have to owe it to PAGASA's new gadget...whatever it was called. Finally, something real came out from them...although I hope they should've evoked more panic so people could have been more prepared. My sister, on one hand, was sort of anticipating the eye of the storm because the last time that the eye of the storm passed in our place, we felt it. That was usually the time of temporary tranquility.

I remember going home last Wednesday, watching the news, never minding the signal #3 here in Rizal (they said it was already considered a state of calamity then), using the PC 'til the late hours of the morning, and being woken up early last Thursday because I had to transfer the car somewhere far from home just to make sure the flood won't go in it again (like last time). I remember having breakfast and sleeping again only to be woken up again for lunch. There was no electricity already and the wind was really blowing hard. Few hours later, more trees fell including our duhat tree in the backyard. Good thing it didn't fell on top of our house. The flood also started to flow inside our home, higher than usual. You can just imagine how my mom felt seeing the flood after cleaning the house this week. I stayed with Jamjam, our indoor dog, and the pups, which we had put in a basket for safety. Papa stayed outside to take care of our outdoor plants, pets, and all. The rabbits, after years of flood experience, needed no help. They had their own safe place in the backyard. Same thing went for the chickens...although I think one chick perished including several eggs from one of the hens.

It was dark already when the flood went down and the wind stopped blowing hard. We couldn't really clean the house well because of lack of electricity. After eating dinner by candle light, we decided to sleep inside our van. That was the cleanest place we can ever think of (and the cheapest one compared to a hotel room). There's even radio and aircon if we want to, but of course we didn't put it on for the whole night. Otherwise, we'd die of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Early Friday morning, I was woken up again to get the car back from where we left it. Electricity went back at around 10 this morning, 24 hours since yesterday's blackout. First thing I did was charge my cellphone. It was dead since yesterday and I think I've exhausted all possible cellphones at home. I was finally able to study today (with TV as distraction again). And I thought I can make use of the class suspension to study...tsk! I watched the news like usual and everything was such a sight. I can only pray for those who were badly affected as well for those who died.

This is just another one of those times when nature gets back at us. A point of realization and reflection (and I thought I was over it already).





1 Comments:
Blogger Doc Woofy had this to say:

buti nga kayo may kuryente na. kami, mag-tatlong araw na, wala pa rin. goodluck naman sa pag-aral di ba?

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

cHoX's reaLm



Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger
WWF for the li'l side pictures
Photos taken from various sites - googled and yahooed.
The rest...the works...fabulous and shit...edited by yours truly :)


*HUGS* TOTAL! give nadZ more *HUGS*

geocities hit counter

Locations of visitors to this page

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License
.