Friday, October 06, 2006
my eventful week

My week started out to be really stressful and it still is, although it has mellowed down after I received news that our Anatomy lab exam is moved for next week, Friday. :D

As much as I would like to believe that surviving the Milenyo storm meant water running from our faucet and electricity restored, I was wrong. I learned that fact from actual experience, but that was after a strenuous "mall hopping" last Sunday in heels which left my footsies beat from too much walking. Late evening last Sunday, just before Trip na Trip (that funny travel show on ABS-CBN), the electricity fluctuated and there was a blackout. When the power was restored a few minutes later, there was a scary sound as if a bomb was detonated (on a lesser scale). Seconds after, one of our neighbors called saying that one of the posts (the 3rd one away from home) was on fire and that Meralco need to be called for assistance. Of course, that got us all hyped. Papa and I immediately went outside and checked the damage (the fire and fallen electrical wire) and Cathe panicked and closed all our lights before we could even grab some candles. The posts nearer to our house sparked after and everyone was totally scared of the possibility of a fire here in the neighborhood. My sister and I tried calling to Meralco but it was really futile doing so at such a time when they were busy fixing posts torn down by Milenyo. Good thing that one of our neighbors works at Meralco, and I guess he was the one who used the radio for help thus primary assistance was given. However, we were informed it will be fixed the morning after so we had to suffer a night of darkness again. Mama was misinformed that the ones who came were actually from PLDT (which was really stupid) so I tried calling Meralco again. After 30 minutes or so on hold, someone answered and talked to me which finally gave me comfort at least just before I slept. But I tell you...I was really paranoid about the fire possibility. Oh well...who wouldn't feel the same way.

The morning after, the post was fixed and it was found out that it started from a post near the basketball court and a chain reaction happened. The post in front of our home was said to be in the worst condition with some wires melted. And because of that, the people from Meralco wondered why none of us (in our house) called. As it turned out, the person who reported the incident was someone named Bro. Chris and my 30 minute call was all in vain. Napagsabihan pa kami ng mga Meralco people. If only they knew.

If it happened once, it's bound to happen a second time. I'm not sure if that's how the saying goes. Anyway, as if we haven't had enough, Monday evening, it started to rain heavily. We all assumed it had to be the effect of typhoon Neneng. We were having dinner at around eight in the evening and Papa was already asking me to transfer the car in case it floods again. I joked around and told him it couldn't be that worse this time.

And I choked at my own words minutes after.

Our dog barked and Mama asked us to check and half-jokingly said it may be because there was a flood. Alas! There was flood indeed. Good thing our things were still up because of the previous flood. This one's a flash flood (and the worst ever) because in less than an hour, the flood came up above our knees inside our home. As we found out later, some dike up in Antipolo or wherever broke and the flood waters just couldn't be contained. Unfortunately, our town's considered a water basin and water from places like Antipolo and Binangonan go directly to our place.

The flood left immediately after leaving our home greatly damaged. Several things got wet including our printer's power adapter and Mama's cellphone. The car was half filled with water while the van barely survived. I guess we were still fortunate because our neighbor didn't get to save most of their clothes from getting wet and one family only got to save their television set from getting wet. Sis and I went to our neighbor's house after to basically study, but I just couldn't help sleeping. I had a whole bed for myself eh.

Just like every other flood, my dad kept on insisting that we go find a new house na. I'd rather not transfer. We have a great neighborhood here...and I'm going to miss the spaghetti or pansit during birthdays. Ang babaw raw ng reason ko. =p

Well, our house is starting to look okay now. We'll be having our very first dinner back at the dining table later. The living room's seats are outside though. Have to dry them including my parents' bed.

Then, last Wednesday, some kind of deja vu happened. I was not my usual during that morning and as I was about to unboard the jeepney, I shouted "Bayad!" instead of "Para!" Haha! I bet my sister's going to laugh again about this one (just like last time sis). I bet I look stupid trying to hide my laughter as I was climbing the stairs that morning. Hay! What a way to perk me up that morning.

As if luck would have it, I learned from my sister that this neighbor of ours (around 13 years old na ata) copied some of my friendster profile (I'm not really sure if it's the friendster profile I have right now though). Grr! I just hate copycats. I bet she doesn't even know what she copied. She even put the line about "me" not killing ants. Knowing her, she doesn't even care about ants. Oh well...pagbigyan ang engot. Ooops...forgive me.

I better go. Next week's bound to get busier with exams. But let me be optimistic about it...after the exams will be almost a month of vacation. That should get me excited.

Hope my parents bought me a mocha frap from Starbucks.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

cHoX's reaLm



Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger
WWF for the li'l side pictures
Photos taken from various sites - googled and yahooed.
The rest...the works...fabulous and shit...edited by yours truly :)


*HUGS* TOTAL! give nadZ more *HUGS*

geocities hit counter

Locations of visitors to this page

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License
.