Tuesday, October 17, 2006
my sembreak starter

I'll be fixing my blog real soon because a lot seems to be screwed up including the tagboard.

Anyway, before I waste time ranting on my screwed up blog...

***

I'm already on my sembreak...thank God...but I spent the first four days in the hospital. Of all places.
I was just fortunate enough to have contracted UTI. How perfect!

Sarcasm aside...

I got around to researching about it and I still am not sure how I got it. Maybe due to the stress caused by the exams. I may be vulnerable ever since the Milenyo typhoon struck the country because 1) I rarely drink water now because our ref hasn't been working for weeks (thanks to the flood) and I don't like drinking warm water and 2) I haven't been drinking my vitamins regularly because the table's not arranged properly.

I was just not feeling well last Thursday afternoon after going home from school and after having a hearty lunch at KFC (thanks to Hanni's mom). I puked everything I ate including my Friday breakfast (of chicken still). And because of my puking spree, I barely studied for my Anatomy pracs that day. Good thing that my anti-study-group-self-why-oh-why joined Hanni, Roselle, Ivy, and Curt at Starbucks last Wednesday night to study. I failed that exam for sure. I actually had the option not to take that exam that day (and take it some other time) but well, I just felt I had to. I just had to endure the exams with an empty stomach and lots of prayers that the formalin may not set me into puking mode again.

After the very positive feedback session of my 3rd Biochem exam (which I finally managed to pass na), I went to the infirmary to consult the doctor about my vomitting including my blood-streaked watery feces (sorry for the weak of heart). The doctor told me that he was admitting me to the infirmary ward. That was after he asked me if I had any [sexual] contact prior to my vomitting. Haha! My sister can only laugh. I quote her: "Matakot ka pag buntis si Ate...sino ang ama?" Divine intervention others said. Haha again.

Syempre, with the lil sanity left of me, I asked the doc if I can still do some OPD patient interviewing muna.

After the interview, Trish, Julz, Rosie, and Meme went with me to the infirmary ward. Then, more surprisingly visited me after. There was Cla, Stephen, Poch, Joanna, Debbie, Sweet, and Tina. Monchi, who happened to be in the infirmary with her dengue-stricken brother, learned I was there so she visited me as well. Big thanks to all of you guys. I appreciated the visit. :) Thank you's go to some other family friends who came namely Tita Yoli, Tita Marlyn, Tita Erly, and Ate Inday.

Anyway, I really hate the thought of me being in the hospital. God knows how much I fear needles. Sabi nga ni Trish when the intern was inserting the needle for the IVF, para raw ako hindi nasasaktan. Tatlong tusok pa yon ha...the first 2 were unsuccesful attempts since my damn vein kept on bursting. Susme! I can tolerate the pain, but I'm really afraid. Kaya nga ganon na lang ang pasasalamat ko kay Trish eh. The only tangible thing I managed to offer her then was the banana from my dinner tray.

The infirmary ward experience was a bit fun, crazy, and lonely. Good thing that it was airconditioned plus my stay there was discounted (my mom paid only 65 pesos for my Friday to Monday stay there). Food was okay (my fave had to be the fish in some sour sauce). I still managed to watch TV (although I had to leave my room for that). I befriended my two roommates (except the last one who came in before I left) who both had dengue (and I can only fear of mosquito vectors then). I also befriended people who monitored me...interns and nurses galore...even if they had to wake me up in the middle of the night. I found out that a JI's duty lasts for around 36 hours. Whoa! It was lonely at some point especially when there were no visitors except for my mom who was always there for me. Good thing my cellphone and magazines kept me company.

I finally got out of the infirmary ward last Monday after submitting my stool sample for fecalysis late Sunday evening. It was what they've been waiting. Goodness! They should have allowed me to eat sana. I was on NPO (no food and water) until Saturday noon so expect me not to excrete anything solid noh. I consumed about 6 bags of IVF and my hand's still sore from the needles.

Monday evening, we ate out and I bought myself new earrings (hehe!). I'm back to my old self...except for the medications I still have to take.

***

I'll be posting pictures soon. Starbucks photos from two days of study sessions there. Puppy pictures...they've grown so thin and less cute when I came back home yesterday (h.a.v.e.t.o.f.e.e.d.t.h.e.m). Infirmary ward pictures (how weird). Check my multiply soon. :)

Just have to download songs muna.

Have to make the most out of my sembreak. Need lotsa pampering.

Glad to be going out this weekend with Ivy, JL, and Dean. Miss them soooo much! :)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

cHoX's reaLm



Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger
WWF for the li'l side pictures
Photos taken from various sites - googled and yahooed.
The rest...the works...fabulous and shit...edited by yours truly :)


*HUGS* TOTAL! give nadZ more *HUGS*

geocities hit counter

Locations of visitors to this page

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License
.