Monday, December 18, 2006
thinking out loud.

Finally got the books from Cebu. I started reading Kokology awhile ago (3am), got enough of Psych, put it down, and settled for a Paulo Coelho book instead, which got me hooked until early this evening. Finished it already after a day of doing nothing else but reading and the usual daily stuff.

The first Paulo Coelho book I read was "The Alchemist". Everybody was talking about it, while I usually had put on hold reading it until my sister borrowed a copy from a friend. We were in Cebu then (if I'm not mistaken) and with nothing much to do (finishing my own 2 books), grabbed the copy and read. I found it philosophical and I'm not the philosophical type. God knows why I even landed in a Psychology course. I wasn't the people person type. I didn't really care much of other people's lives. I didn't find satisfaction in talking about life's mysteries, but I liked contemplating on my own life. Maybe I was just being selfish. Going back...I honestly can't remember what I felt then after reading the book. Probably thought of life.

I read "Eleven Minutes" today. Prostitute story. It was a good book. It was provocatively different from "The Alchemist". Goes on and on to talk about life, making decisions (again), dreams, sex, love, so on and so forth. Made me think on the choices and risks I've taken in life. Or maybe, the risks I haven't taken at all. Haven't even contemplated on how my life's been going in a while. The last time I've troubled myself with thoughts of my own life was when I was contemplating of whether to continue med school or not. That was months ago. I've become much of the "present" person lately. Perhaps because thinking too much of the future spoils things especially if they're not to happen at all. Or perhaps I was just too busy to think of how my life has been going lately.

When I started blogging, I partially lost contact of my diary. Kept most of my deepest thoughts to myself and the rest, I told the world. Sometimes, some personal stuff make their way into my blog, but most of what I write are things that happened to me. Things I wouldn't mind telling to a stranger. However, the rest, the things I'd rather not share, stays with me. My memory tends to wane at times which is a good thing if there are things meant to be forgotten and lost. But sometimes, I'd rather write it down on my own diary. Just in case I want to look back and remember...coz there's some form of peace in remembering...seeing how much you've changed and how much you've accomplished. :)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

cHoX's reaLm



Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger
WWF for the li'l side pictures
Photos taken from various sites - googled and yahooed.
The rest...the works...fabulous and shit...edited by yours truly :)


*HUGS* TOTAL! give nadZ more *HUGS*

geocities hit counter

Locations of visitors to this page

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License
.