Wednesday, April 11, 2007
why is dial-up much slower now?

Fine. Summer vacation started with a bang with our DSL cut off by PLDT. Therefore, I busied myself with NON-internet stuff like fixing my files, cleaning up my clutter space in our room, doing the laundry (would you believe?!), and doing Holy Week-related stuff. Oh well...at least we have our DSL back now. My sis went to PLDT alone kanina to pay the bill. Ang galing diba? Mag-isa lang siya. Yeah...I know how to put the envelope inside the hole where you put your payment and stuff, but I'm quite inutil with the rest. I can't walk all the way to PLDT from our subdivision's gate even if it's less than a hundred steps away kasi takot ako sa mga vulcanizing people na madadaanan ko on the way there. I'm not just inutil...paranoid pa.

Let me start this off by telling you about the great summer kickoff the fam had. Natuloy kami sa Baguio two weekends ago. We left home last March 31, Saturday, at around noon tapos we fetched Kim, Danci, and Joyie. Yep! Sabi nga ni Kim, the more, the mennier. We arrived at Baguio at around 9pm and we were really hungry already. Even if we vowed never to step foot at SM Baguio (kasi naman, we have lots of SM here in the Metro), we still ended up having dinner at SM Baguio at David's Tea House, a Chinese resto at that. Pero pahirapan pa rin coz even if we were seeing SM Baguio at a distance, hindi namin mahanap ang way papunta don. Susme! The people we asked were probably thinking we were crazy because we were laughing our heads off kasi naman, it was already near closing time tapos here we are, lost in small Baguio searching for SM's entrance. Tapos, pagpasok pa namin sa parking area, we were greeted by Baguio's cold air PLUS some strange fart-smelling scent that Joyie or Danci referred to as vegetarian's fart. Haha! =p Actually, before leaving Baguio, we concluded that the strange smell might have something to do with the water SM's been using. We think they're using waste water for their CR which is actually a way to conserve water.

Eion...after a very filling dinner (and taking home lots of leftovers), we were left with another dilemma...that is to find a hotel for us to stay in for the evening. We ended up at Kisad Hotel. I spent the rest of the evening watching 300 on DVD...yeah, twas pirated. At least I already know now Danci and Kim's "ahoof!". The following morning, my parents woke up early to attend mass while us, the younger ones, waited for them, watched TV, played Danci's Nintendo DS (which was totally exhausted for the whole trip), talked, and realized that the lady in charge downstairs doesn't know what utensils are but is aware of what kutsara and tinidor is. We had breakfast when Mama and Papa came back. After that, Papa went to his meeting (which was the real agenda for our Baguio trip) while the rest of us went ukay ukay shopping. Ang saya kasi everything was accessible by foot. We bought lots of things especially Kim na balak atang simutin ang ukay ukay shops. =p We went to buy pasalubong sa market after. We eventually ended up buying very small strawberries underneath bigger ones (We really never learn our lessons do we? We still bought the one in the pretty baskets kasi. At least they were good for strawberry shakes.) and not properly discounted choco flakes (Ice went to Baguio last Holy Week tapos she bought much cheaper choco flakes of the same brand...harumph!). I still got my lettuce as planned though even if it meant arguing with the tindera about which is tastier...small lettuce or big lettuce. Met up with Papa at Chowking after. Mas masarap ang beef wanton doon kasi fresh yung veggies. Yummeee! =p

After the late lunch, we went back to the hotel to get our stuff and tour Baguio for real na. Pero as luck would have it, it rained on our way to Mines View Park. We only got to go at Baguio's Botanical Garden where we got a taste of strawberry taho (ang sarap niya super), met St. Bernard the St. Bernard (;p), and bought more stuff to bring home. We went back to SM Baguio after where we left Mama and Papa to sleep in the van while we, the younger ones, again, went ukay ukay shopping. That evening, Papa had to attend an induction at Baguio Country Club. Dinner was too expensive for us so we settled to eating McDo takeouts in the van. Oh well...we toured the country club after. The place was really nice...if only there was sunlight talaga. We were kinda tempted to go swimming in the heated pool. Haay! Yeah...my question was answered. There was indeed a pool in Baguio only it was heated. And hell no...people there didn't don long sleeved swimsuits. Even if Kim, Cathe, and I brought swimsuits with us (hehe!), we still didn't go swimming coz it was super expensive. 280 pesos for an hour. Are they crazy?!

Left Baguio at nearly 10pm. Got lost looking for the way back that we even ended up seeing UP Baguio pa. Arrived in Manila at around 2am. At least we did arrive early kasi Danci and I had Red Cross training that day (Monday) while Papa had an interview to attend to.

The best part of our one day Baguio trip? Those were the bonding moments...singing in the car even if we were sintunado (kaya ata umulan)...smelling Baguio air (even the veggie fart)...taking home a bonsai that's now nearly dying (thanks bad acclimatization)...taking loads of pictures (camwhores we were)...helping a lost kid find its way back to the cathedral (long story)...getting great bargains at the ukay ukay shops...getting addicted to choco flakes...and seeing Franzen and realizing he wasn't dark at all. Hehe. Sayang...wasn't able to ride the swan at the Burnham park. Oh well...next time. ;p

So there...kwento ko muna yung oh so funny interview ni Papa for Channel 4. It was really spontaneous. All he knew was that it had something to do with him being from Siquijor. Holy Week hype talaga. Interview turned out really hilarious (even if I wasn't there to watch it). Kwento sa akin nina Mama, nakalagay daw sa TV: "Jun Nadal: Herbal Doctor". Hahaha. :D Nalaman ko lang yon when my Aunty from UK called kasi nalaman nga niya Papa got interviewed tapos when I heard about the herbal doctor stuff, I laughed really hard that I almost cried. I know Papa may look like a doctor, but he is in no way close to being a herbal doctor. Dapat kasi, the tag read: "Junie Nadal: Grandson of a Herbal Doctor". Channel 4 got their info all wrong. Tapos, malalaman ko pa na nagreklamo yung isa kong Aunty sa Bayawan coz Papa made a statement that none of them (grandchildren) got the power my great grandfather had as a herbal doctor. Sabi kasi ni Aunty, nakuha raw niya yung power. Nyark talaga.

As for my Red Cross Training, it turned out fine. I was really tired after. At least I learned some bandaging techniques, transferring stuff, and doing CPR. I refuse to think my first kiss was with a dummy therefore I'm still thinking whether I've kissed anyone before...even if it was way back in gradeschool...and I'm not telling what my memory bank has stored. ;) We did the MCI thing at the end of the training and I volunteered as a first aider. Buti na lang kasi if I was the victim, I'd end up really dirty with some sticky red coffee smelling liquid. Hindi naman ako super maarte pero kasi, I'd still have to ride the LRT. Just concerned of other people's welfare. ;p

We finally ate at Bellini's pala. Like any Italian resto, there were complimentary bread thingies again...bread sticks this time. Pesto was great especially the sweet wine. They kept on commenting how lasing I was pero I really wasn't. Just too tired siguro.

Oh...I finally got to see my grades for Anatomy from the last two exams. Twas really okay so I guess all's well. Haha! One year of med down. :) Oops...I totally forgot Biochem. Time to worry again.

Last Thursday, I ended up singing in the Pabasa and getting a free snack. Mom, Cathe, and I were supposed to join Papa at a Visita Iglesia in Tagaytay pero we were puyat eh. Kakaiba ang Pabasa dito sa amin kasi some people would turn up tapos kakain lang. Worst pa, they'd take home some snacks. Pakapalan talaga ng mukha. We ended up taking home pansit and ginataang langka. Hehehe. At least we sang. ;p

Then last Sunday, we watched the Salubong at Cainta again. Nothing much has changed. There was still that tomato looking stuff hanging from above. There were less people this time as I've observed. Ended up eating at Tropical Hut after. That's always the fun part...eating. ;p

Right now, I'm currently interested in watching action movies with martial arts in it. Weird eh? Eion...sinusuntok ko na naman si Papa. Nah...just playing around. Besides, Papa's a black belter...he knows how to defend himself. Cathe's planning on taking up boxing. Musta naman diba? =p

I better be off...babush! :)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

cHoX's reaLm



Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger
WWF for the li'l side pictures
Photos taken from various sites - googled and yahooed.
The rest...the works...fabulous and shit...edited by yours truly :)


*HUGS* TOTAL! give nadZ more *HUGS*

geocities hit counter

Locations of visitors to this page

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License
.