Sunday, June 17, 2007
happy father's day dear fathers. :)


(Pics courtesy of Yahoo and its affiliates)


Now that was LOVE. :)

The priest who celebrated mass today had a very interesting homily. 'Twas funny yes...but I kinda enjoyed listening to it. Then I zoned out for the remainder of the mass. That is partly real. ;P


We didn't actually eat out today for Father's Day. We decided last week was enough eating out. That was like more than 2 thou worth of food for a day which was more than necessary. So what we did for today was order take out food at KFC and a cake at Red Ribbon and eat the food here at the comforts of our own dining table where we can sit with our foot on the chair and eat more than a cup of rice. Besides, the rest of my family like their brown rice and KFC definitely doesn't offer brown rice like we have at home.

As usual, I ate more than necessary. I'm really getting fat. But here's the funny thing. I was waiting for my sister last Friday at the tricycle post and Tita Luchi passed by and commented on how med school made me lose some weight. Like uhm...are you being sarcastic? :p I know she's sincere naman eh...pero what?!?! Hahaha. :D

It is funny how you're perception of an ideal body changes over the years.


10 years ago, I kinda hated my body because I was really thin. My ribs protruded and I looked kinda anorexic. People said I need to gain weight. I didn't dare wear a bikini because I was too thin.

6 years ago, I didn't hate my body...but I didn't love it as well. I wasn't that thin anymore...and (would you believe) I got some sort of abs and that 24 inch waistline most women want. Thanks to inconsistent ab crunches. People said I was gaining weight. I resolved to wearing tankinis because I wasn't too sure if bikinis were cut out for me yet.

Back to present. I am not too sure of what I really want already. I gained weight and ate the food I want. People are commenting on how fat I've become. I resolved to wearing bikinis not because I've got the body for it (I should have tried it out years ago when I was thinner pala) but because I already felt secure in wearing it.

Now how weird can "ideal" be? And that's not counting the number of times I've tried to diet and do inconsistent exercises in between. One word of advice...the South Beach Diet can do good only if you continue it because otherwise, you can gain weight easily after. :)

***

I am currently trying to do my school homework...in vain. Gawd...two weeks in 2nd yr med doesn't change things that quickly. =p Sis is already calling me a book anaconda (the worse version of book worm) but all I have at home are piles of books that are yet to be read.

So spare me the moment.

Like WHAT?!?!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

cHoX's reaLm



Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger
WWF for the li'l side pictures
Photos taken from various sites - googled and yahooed.
The rest...the works...fabulous and shit...edited by yours truly :)


*HUGS* TOTAL! give nadZ more *HUGS*

geocities hit counter

Locations of visitors to this page

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License
.